FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Application - Gain an extra year?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:37 pm
1KChinito

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by HKQT
I believe I've seen this before, but if I get final approval on Global Entry after my birthday (initial application), I gained over 5 years of Global Entry correct? So if I get my final approval on 11/15 and my birthday is 11/14, then when is my GE expiration year?

This is what I found on the internet:
For example, my sister and I both applied for Global Entry on June of 2013 but our interview was scheduled and we were approved in November of 2013. Since my birthday is in October, my Global Entry expires 5 years after the first birthday after the approval date (October, 2014) with an expiration date of October, 2019. Because of this particular rule, I will have Global Entry for almost 5 years and 11 months. If my birthday was in December for example, I would have Global Entry for only 5 years and 1 month. My sister’s birthday is in March so her Global Entry will expire in March, 2019 even though we both interviewed and we were approved on that same date.

Is this true?
Bonus validity time is only applicable for initial application. I have been suggesting scheduling interview the day after one's birthday. Assuming you receive your final approval shortly after interview on 15 Nov 2018, your Global Entry is valid until 14 November 2024. Then mark your calendar to renew on 15 Nov 2023.