FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comparison of Accor Brands
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:40 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
Is there is full listing of Accor brands and how they compare with each other somewhere on FT?
None that I am aware of. I have one in mind seen on an Accor site but this was several years ago and so it is obviously outdated with all the new brands that join recently.

Are there any other differentiating factors in addition to the level of luxury?
Yes. Some brands are standardized (e.g. Novotel), some are not.

For example, Pullman and McGallery are above Grand Mercure but below Sofitel. How do Pullman and McGallery differ?
MGallery are usually small to medium size boutique hotels, often "historical" places with charm. Pullman is more standardized, modern and business-oriented.

How about Novotel vs Mercure?
Novotel is standardized (except in Asia where they are much better). Mercure is semi standardized. Novotel is very family-oriented, especially in France (kids stay for free or almost)
It is usually considered that Novotel is above Mercure but it is often wrong. If a Mercure has been renovated recently, I consider them above Novotel. The Novotel concept has aged considerably IMO.

Is So Sofitel seen as the same brand as Sofitel?
Sofitel So is a sub-brand of Sofitel, for "trendy" hotels. A kind of equivalent of W hotels.

I hope this helps. I am clearly in the opinion that Accor has too many brands now.