FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plat Delta medallion benefits on Virgin Australia
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:39 am
microsux

Programs: Delta PLAT, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
I was just there last week and can confirm you will be granted access. I did bring my Plat Skymiles card with the expiration of 2019 printed on it. When I booked the tickets on VA's website I did enter our Skymiles numbers, but when checking in there wasn't anything listed on their end. I anticipated this, so that's why I brought my card and fed her my sons Skymiles number, non elite. When she entered my number it did NOT come up partner GOLD, which is what she stated you needed to get access to the lounge for domestic VA travel. They did let both of us in on my status.

Use the VA "Business, Plat, Gold" Check in line
I did have to ask if that would get me into the lounge
SYD - CNS my bag was over 50lbs and she said, You have status, we wont worry about it, so not sure if that's the rule, BUT they were tagged priority like DL
Make sure it says Partner GOLD on your Boarding Pass or you will have a fight with the lounge attendants
You can ask for upgrades but I was always told NO, you have to be VA Plat, even with 1st and Econ X at 10% full
I asked for a cost to upgrade from SYD to CNS it was $440 per person, CNS to SYD it was $60 per person and took it
Level of service made DL look like a joke against domestic 1st vs VA domestic 1st