FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:41 am
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I just noticed something weird. It might be pure coincidence and unrelated to the leclub merger or the takeover at all, but prices for my hotel stays at fairmont increased by up to 30-50% compared to last year. Now the stays are exactly the same (same room, same stay and I'm booking the same time in advance, this year even a little earlier. I just wonder how it comes that my hotel costs 1500 $ more than last year for the exact same week?

(I have only two points of reference here as I usually only stay in two Fairmonts, so this might just be a coincidence and no trend at all).

Have you noticed something similar?
I can't say I've noticed them being significantly higher at my usual properties (maybe a little bit, which could easily just be explained by normal inflation or changes in tourism demand in general), but I am seeing more variability in the daily rate. It used to be I would book a 7-night stay, and all of the nights across the week would be $X99/night. I'm seeing more searches where the rate jumps up and down across the various nights of the booking.

Example from one of my searches yesterday...

I never used to see this sort of variability.