FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:06 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Joshm300
It’s a night flight, so not going to be much to see. My other worry is that row 6 might get first galley noise? I’ve been in the main cabin before and remember the lights being turned off in the front cabin, just as I was eating my main course - is it usually much quicker service up there?

Also, can someone tell me if the other seats in the cabin are blocked or actually in use, as I guess some more choice may open up? Route is lhr-sez on the 8th December?

BA must be loving this new route. I would normally say it's way too far off to be sure how this aircraft will go, but looking at this even at this remove, I can confidently stick my neck out and predict that service will go out full in First, CW and WTP, and there are a lot of status passengers on board too.

F4 A1 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G0

What you should do is move backwards and take row 13, so that most of you get either access to the aisle or have a family member in there. There may be a case for the single passenger going to 13F. Alternatively consider 13E+F, 13J+K and 12F, with the highest status passenger in 12F. That way the seat most likely to be empty on the flight, 12E, will maximise aisle access. However I think they'll want every CW seat on that service.

I see zero advantage in being in the front cabin, CW is quite small and yes the service may be over faster in row 6 and 7 but only by a few minutes. IIt's a long flight, you depart at 6pm so unless you train your tribe to get up at 5 am on departure day, you're not going to be sleepy until well past Greece.Moreover the landing into SEZ is very beautiful (see the main SEZ thread). I personally think galley noise is over stated here as an issue - I have flown every single BA 787-8 and 787-9 now, and from my observation, there are few problems getting to sleep on 787, and if a light sleeper the ear plugs / headphones supplied will knock everything out. I use my Shure earphones on 777 but I've never used them on 787s, 380s or 350s. If I hadn't seen the destination I would have assumed you were on something like PHL-LHR, where your concerns may have a greater basis.

Row 7J and K may be crew rest seats, by the way.

Have a good time in Seychelles!