FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:05 am
thejohn

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I’ve been hit by both too and am also frustrated that I heard from Amex before BA.

As I mentioned some pages back on this thread at the time of the original announcement, there was no way that they could have identified and fixed the issue overnight. As we are seeing, they’re either totally naive or in corporate denial about cyber security. It’s not easy to do correctly, it’s expensive but it is also legally required. BA has played fast and loose and as I said at the time, their communications can’t be believed as they don’t know what’s going on. I’m glad that experts are finally getting to grips with this.

oh, and yes there were attempts to use my card number fraudulently as well. Mainly building supplies for me. Caught by Amex. For BA to say there has been no fraud is patently untrue.
My Bolding. Are BA saying there has been no fraud with them affecting BAEC members with them, and omitting any fraud with any other merchants(if they have that knowledge). Because there was a fraudulent transaction on my BA Amex as with many others it seems.

It's not what they are saying but what they are not saying that's important to me. And they seem to be hiding in the trenches waiting for the explosion of public dismay/outrage. It is disappointing no one is standing up and admitting fault.

John