FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Welcome / Greeting ceremonies, process
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:50 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
this is likely one of the things that those here who deal solely with management would communicate with management in advance >

and some who use agents have their agent do so

two here posted about gallivanters guide getting them in touch with managers who then provided great service in india, and gallivanters is not a travel agency nor concierge service

delhi and mumbai are not especially well regarded here. some had great experience at lodhi under robyn and husband, both aman and after aman. others had issues with their personalities at lodhi and previously other amans. bagh is no longer peak as it was under veterans like harish. one variable at ikhas is who butler is. seems some oberoi may not be what they were. thankfully seems taj palace umaid bhawan remains at peak although i forget when bhrubin was there.
We were in India in Jan 2017. Fabulous trip.

We had a very positive experience at the Lodhi, even after the air con went out on our first night--and that's saying something for me. Delhi wasn't a big highlight for us, but I'm also not a fan of most big cities. But we'd gladly stay at the Lodhi again. No welcomer ceremony. Horray.

We had a very positive experience at the Oberoi Udaivilas, and perhaps a bit less so with the Oberoi Amarvilas. Neither burdened us with welcome ceremonies, though we did a very brief meet and greet with the Amarvilas GM on arrival.

The Taj Nadesar Palace in Varanasi and Taj Umaid Bhawan in Jodhpur were both spectacular--but the Umaid Bhawan is something truly incredible. And its befitting royalty welcome ceremony was amazing and very enjoyable for us.