FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:28 am
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Simply couldn't be more OT on my part, but I have to ask-- and maybe you can point me in the direction of a relevant thread in the UA or Chase forum-- I see that the card you reference is no longer available but has a similar replacement.
I'm a lifetime United Club member-- any reason to believe there's any remnant of such a program/discount for the current top-of-the-line UA credit card?
This is correct:

The Presidential Plus card is a legacy CO card which historically offered a $100 annual fee for lifetime UA Club members. This has not changed, even as the annual fee for non-lifetime member cardholders has increased from $375 to $395 to $450. This card has not been available for new applications since around the time of the merger, but Chase/UA has not altered the "agreement" with legacy cardholders who are lifetime UC members.

When UA began offering the Mileage Plus Club Card, I inquired about switching, but I was told to go pound sand when I asked about a reduction in the annual fee for being a lifetime UC member.

So, technically, AA is being "competitive" with UA's club card offering in that it is similarly un-competitive -- annual fee-wise -- for lifetime club members.