FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAs Flame AA on Private Facebook Page
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:06 am
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
First I'm not sure all FAs feel this way. I think most just go do their job the best they can and aren't interested in the "politics" of it all. Still, the move towards tightly squeezed fully loaded a/c makes their job more stressful. As "densification" comes about so will too many bags for too small of an a/c and the s**t show that occurs towards the end of boarding as angry paxs are forced to swim the tied against other angry paxs trying to get to their seats in an attempt to find bag space or reluctantly have their bag checked. Not too mention what happens on a late arriving flight into a hub and those in the back of the a/c are desperately trying to catch their connection, sometimes the last flight of the day.

Ultimately this is what deregulation as brought us. Others point to the fact that cheaper airfares enable more of the public to travel by air. Whether this all was a good move depends upon your perspective. I have to wonder if suddenly we are looking at $100 oil what will the airlines further do to squeeze more revenue out of paxs and how much more miserable will they make the experience other than for those few lucky ones in the premium cabin.

Finally, if we were in a 1970s world there'd be far fewer flights and therefore some of the FAs wouldn't have had their job to begin with.

The good news is that the ULCC hasn't been a huge success on the International scene. Apparently getting people to shove themselves into a 28-29 inch pitch seat to save a few hundred dollars hasn't been the hotcake seller. However, on the domestic side these airlines are go gang busters albeit when the next economic crash comes will they be sitting with too many shiny a/c unable to fill those tortuous seats?