FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High EQD Platinum Pro or really-high EQD Platinum?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:26 pm
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by beachfan
I will face a similar issue next year. Right now, I’m a lowv EQD Exec Plat and lifetime Plat. I get 20k EQM and 6k EQM from credit cards.

now that it will be only 3EQMs, I will drop to Plat Pro. Given 85% of my travel is lax-Mia, where my upgrade % is very, very low —and I’m using miles/copay for the most part, only clearing once when not available in advance (which they seemed to have stopped releasing in advance altogether). Sure I’m more like 50% on Lax-SFo or LAX-LAS but that won’t motivate me to drive for higher stays.

The rebooking on other carrier comments above was helpful. Other than that, with upgrade rates so low, not sure I see a reason. (I never SDFC on Lax-Mia because I’m always on the 772 which is once a day).

There have been super inexpensive RT flights to Hawaii lately, maybe book one of those? It should net you the EQMs you need.