FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My "is it worth it?" flight in F
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:57 pm
The_Bouncer
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by frandrake
I think for personal travels I would not spend more than 1.5k for a biz class seat. It's when I travel for biz and I need to go straight to the office, busy schedule, boring dinners, etc, that biz class becomes a must have for me. F in my view adds privacy to the biz class experience, food is still plane food and as per the wines, I have better bubbles in my cellar to quench my daily thirst.

That said, I am afraid it will be hard to go back to kettle class. Lie flat is what makes a world of difference IMO, the rest is just smoke and mirrors that you end up enjoying or not enjoying only if you fly a lot. Good news is that with credit cards, various promos, etc. it is not that hard to bank loads of Avios. So if you only fly once or twice a year and plan properly you could fly mostly in premium cabins.
That's the difficulty. I typically fly 3-4 round-trip long-hauls over a winter season. With more careful planning, I could probably cut this to 2 and do longer trips.

Unfortunately I live in a country (Austria) where credit card opportunities are very thin on the ground.