FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:25 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tearex
It is a good thing I booked when I did (yesterday), as I checked again today and it's sold out.

Very excited to visit.
Good for you!

Let me echo everyone else here and reiterate: you’re going to love Suiran.

Even as much as we loved our 2 night stay at the RC Kyoto (and were upgraded on an award stay to its 3rd best suite!), we absolutely are dying to return first and foremost to Suiran. Our 5 night stay was just so amazing...and we don’t normally stay anywhere for 5 nights, let alone return. Suiran is part of that equation, but so is Arashiyama and its much more tranquil and relaxed suburban/smaller town vibe—and with fewer tourists, especially at night. Also, our love for Kyoto and its unending supply of beautiful temples, shrines, and gardens to discover and explore.

If you can splurge, make sure to eat steaks at Boruta. If you really can splurge, the 3* Kitcho restaurant is literally down the block from Suiran—it’s insanely expensive but also the ultimate in Japanese Kaiseki dining. (And for a much cheaper and more casual version that’s still 3*, try Wa Yamamura in Nara...for only $56 per person.)