FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - European Hyatts - why so family unfriendly?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:40 am
sch_flyer

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
unfortunately hyatt redesigned hotel site so i can only find this externally:
https://www.trip.com/hotels/vienna-h...-hyatt-vienna/

Children and Extra Beds
  1. Children are welcome at this hotel.
  2. For each room, up to 3 children between 0-11 years old can use existing beds.
I don't believe this information is accurate. I emailed the Vienna Park Hyatt directly, and received the following response:

Thank you very much for your interest in our property. According to our policy, it is not possible to let more than 3 persons stay in a room. Unfortunately we have to inform you that we are not able to reserve a single Park Suite for all four of you.
As others have noted, you can probably book for 3 and show up with 4, but then you run into issues like breakfast not being comped for everyone, or physically not having enough room for the kids to sleep if there's only a twin roll-away or a non-sleeper sofa.

Another weirdness I've noticed is that at some "leisure" properties, suites have lesser max occupancy vs. standard rooms - Grand Hyatt Baha Mar and Park Hyatt St. Kitts, for example, have a max occupancy of 2-3 for their suites - and these are properties that should be catering to families! WTH?