FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHL Lounge - Which one
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:37 pm
Vasco Pridat

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by escape4
Maybe you went to the PHL lounge when QR had a different flight schedule and the QR flight was at a different time than the BA flights? In the last few months, the QR flight leaves PHL at 9pm. I was in the lounge at the same time as BA passengers, rather than QR operating the same lounge at a different time than when BA is operating the lounge.

If I had been in the lounge and there was no hot food at all for anybody, then I might think it's stingy, but ok fine same treatment for all. However in this case you have QR and BA passengers at the same time in the lounge, with BA passengers having hot food and QR passengers not. Regardless F or J. It is this kind of differential treatment which is not acceptable in my humble opinion, and is not in the spirit of an airline alliance.

I had a QR flight from ORD and from JFK earlier this year and could have hot food in the Flagship lounge.

This is not the first time I have seen this kind of behavior from BA. It reminds me of the now defunct BA lounge in YYZ where I used to have access to the F side, then later on they cut me off from F and only allowed access to the J side, then finally they flat out refused access even though I was flying Finnair and they told me to go to the third party lounge nearby.
I dont know why. but I was on the same 9pm QR flight but there was no BA pax anymore. seemed like the BA was gone. QR sign outside.. QR uniforms.. and like I said I talked to a waitress and she said they just clened the hot food away and took out the QR stuff.. obviously QR wasn't paying as much as BA...

So Im sure ths is the deal behind the scene. BA has to pay for all.. and QR is greedy :-)... which doesnt excuse your situation. but I dont think BA is to blame too much. But I would have been totally peed like you and probably just conquered the buffet anyhow :-)

QR usually doesnt grant other OW members entry unless you are on a QR flight. Not even in Doha you can use there C lounge.

Things will get better at PHL with the flagship..