FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHL Lounge - Which one
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:10 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
there are TWO different lounges in PHL... one is the BA lounge.. and one is the QR lounge. its just not operating different facilities but the same rooms at different times - but still they are 2 lounges.

my second experience.. QR has booked the lounge (concierge wearing QR uniforms).. and obviously pays less so there plain out is NO hot food for anyone.

at the BA times (BA concierge) BA booked the lounge and offers great hot food for CLUB and a First side with champagne for gold and F dining for F pax...
Maybe you went to the PHL lounge when QR had a different flight schedule and the QR flight was at a different time than the BA flights? In the last few months, the QR flight leaves PHL at 9pm. I was in the lounge at the same time as BA passengers, rather than QR operating the same lounge at a different time than when BA is operating the lounge.

If I had been in the lounge and there was no hot food at all for anybody, then I might think it's stingy, but ok fine same treatment for all. However in this case you have QR and BA passengers at the same time in the lounge, with BA passengers having hot food and QR passengers not. Regardless F or J. It is this kind of differential treatment which is not acceptable in my humble opinion, and is not in the spirit of an airline alliance.

I had a QR flight from ORD and from JFK earlier this year and could have hot food in the Flagship lounge.

This is not the first time I have seen this kind of behavior from BA. It reminds me of the now defunct BA lounge in YYZ where I used to have access to the F side, then later on they cut me off from F and only allowed access to the J side, then finally they flat out refused access even though I was flying Finnair and they told me to go to the third party lounge nearby.