FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:05 pm
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
(bolding mine)

Really? I guess I actually learnt something today.
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Wait. I never knew that! You mean my wife and I could have each been receiving night and stay credits for the same room?
Yes... I thought that was normal. My parents did this for years. The agent I talked to was very apologetic about it.
Now guess who's having a fight on who'll earn the nights and points and therefore the status.

Obviously your name must have been on the reservation and your number in the reservation. You could have however added your friends to all your bookings in advance and they would have earned nights on them. Just keep in mind that on a two person room you can only have two ppl in it etc. It depends for how many ppl the room was reserved. Depending on the amount of ppl prices do change so I think it is fair.
Points wise I get it, but night and stay count wise, I mean I stayed at the hotel! I paid for the room. What else should I do? The program just regards it as if I have never set foot in that hotel and I find that a little bit annoying to say at least.