FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight or Delta Comfort b/w JFK & LHR
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:47 pm
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SlimpyJones
If you're in this situation, Delta will allow you to preview a seatmap as part of booking, and Virgin allow you to choose your seat during the booking process as well. If you end up booking through VS, choose your Economy Delight seat (which is free of charge), and then use your VS booking reference number to access the DL leg on delta.com - you can do a dummy booking on DL.com beforehand to see which seats are available. A bit convoluted I'll admit, but it's a workaround.
So after I book the roundtrip with VS outbound to LHR and DL inbound returning to JFK in which I have selected my VS seat, I go to delta.com. Where do I input the VS reference #? Will it be under "My trips"? I don't see where to do that.

Next, once I input the VS reference #, I will be able to select the DL seat I saw from the dummy booking assuming it's still there? Just want to make sure I understand.

I'll be returning November 5th. So thirteen days. I'll remind myself to post on this thread as soon as I can. :-)
I really appreciate that. Thank you.