FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Year's Resolution: GGL in 2018
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:47 pm
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
It's very odd indeed finding out that your lounge at T5 has now changed. A bit like going up a year at primary school when you're tiny, you don't quite believe it's real (I remember checking the names on the coat pegs in the new classroom when I was 6, same feeling exactly).

No trouble getting in, even without a physical card, and a very quiet time in the Gold Wing. I had decided to go large, so had a swift LPGS on the terrace and started dining at 12 for a 3pm flight. And very good it was too - not my first time in the CCR, I think probably I'm up to 7, but there was a certain magic about having earned it, and the food was pretty good. Mushroom soup with a herby taste, very nice, lovely plate of charcuterie, though small portions, a bowl of crayfish (I think) tortellini, some really great duck confit, all washed down with plentiful LPGS. And then some more charcuterie (it takes a bit of getting used to being able to order anything at any point, the cheeseboard, and a glass of port.

During all of this I was delighted to meet Marco and his other half, en route to the US, and have a brief chat. But it was mostly about the food today.

And so onwards to Munich - boarding via steps at the rear which was a novelty, and a slight gold greeting but generally non-descript service. First time in Munich, and a piece of advice should anyone be here is that Ibis Sud is cheap and comfortable, and very easy to get to - two stops on the S8 line, then about 3 stops on the 698, total of 3 euros for two tickets which I bought at the DB counter. The bus stop you need is right next to the Movenpick which might be another option. But now ensconced in a very nice and modern room with airport views and getting ready for some QR action tomorrow morning. .