FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Merits of Marriott Hotels Strike 2018
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:53 pm
JackE

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by catocony
1) They're not goons. They are people who cook your food, clean your toilet, make your bed, empty your trash and pick up after you.

2) There is a picket line, which is legal. Individual customers can choose to cross the picket lines, just as employees can. If you find them loud, it's because you chose to sleep within earshot of their picket line.

3) Customers do have a dog in the fight. You're chosing to stay there, while the union is trying to stop you from staying there. Having chosen a side, you now have a dog in the fight.
1. I don't care if they give back rubs, when they harass guests they are, at least at that point in time, goons. For that matter, it is TBD how many are workers and how many have been rented for the protest. (Yes, there are companies that openly rent out mobs.)

2, 3. What you are purposely ignoring is that guests may have made their booking well before the strike even started so their plans are already set. I've had these pests call me, at my home, before a meeting I scheduled demanding I move my meeting. When I asked them if they were going to pay my cancellation fee, let's just say they didn't agree.

You're right they have a right to picket in a peaceful and respectful way. You're wrong that neutral guests are villains. They may not even know the issues and have other things in their life besides spending the time to validate union demands.