FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Several months on - how are they doing?
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:28 pm
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Why? Are profits down?

I keep seeing full parking lots and hearing "we're (almost) sold out (this weekend)" from FDCs, so I'm thinking people are somehow, some way still managing to stay in Mariwood properties.
I am somewhat curious to see whether this has an impact on Marriott next year. Unless things change soon, I have decided to change my hotel strategy (diversifying into a second program) starting next year. I made that decision too late this year to make it rational to switch (since I would not be able to earn top status at another hotel chain in the time I have left), but my strategy will definitely change next year. Come January 1st I will be status matching to another program and maintain top status with both Marriott and (most likely) Hyatt (in this case taking Plat Premier as top status as Ambassador been devalued - the agents are all clearly overworked and no longer responsive to requests).

I doubt that there will be a groundswell, but there's been just enough nonsense over the past few months for me to decide it's not worth it to to be a one chain kind of guy. I'm assuming others that average 150+ nights a year feel the same way.