FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Several months on - how are they doing?
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:26 pm
Jebby_ca

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by yeunganson
Mid October, I had a stay in Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel. I just need a single night and needed to attend a early meeting next day. So basically checkin at late night and check out early morning. This is my first time staying in this Marriott brand. Before the merge, I would rather drive to stay in the Four Points outside the city core than staying in a Marriott. In my first stay in Marriot's Delta, I received possibly the best upgrades this year and definitely one of the best upgrades I ever had. They gave me a penthouse suite on the top floor. The room has two floors. The staff recognize my status with a slight error of forgetting to mention my welcome gift. I suspect this upgrade was beyond what is necessary within the program. I understand there was a "Welcome Gift Guarantee" where if staff forgot the welcome gift, I can demand $USD 100. I didn't want to discourage the upgrade they have done nor appear ungrateful and I hope they do the same to other Platinum members. So instead of asking for any compensation, I just mentioned it at the front desk during check out and emailed my ambassador to follow up on the welcome gift (ie 1000 points).

There were two bathrooms - one on each floor. This is one of them.

First floor living room. Table has a handmade chocolate cup with fruits.

First floor living room with a kitchen

2nd floor living room

From 2nd floor bedroom

The view
Pretty impressive... I stay at that Delta semi-regularly, but never get anything better than a room with a view of the Inner Harbour. Could also be because I'm staying during the typical M-Th.

Back to the topic at hand though, it's a mixed bag for me. Sometimes my stay will post in 2-3 days. My last stay still hasn't posted so far, but I've also waited 7-10 days for them to post, even the before the merger. Pre-merger with legacy SPG, it was like clockwork, everything posted the day after check-out.