FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Escalating a pathetic Cust Rels response - cancellation requiring out of pocket spend
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:08 pm
arollins

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Whenever you send a notification to CS (if it actually exist) AA, you always get a canned response that most of the time just tries to brush you off and has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Since you already twitted to AA, might as well follow that route and see what happens next. You can also respond to the AA email you got, along with perhaps a copy of your tweet, and hopefully the second time it will go to an actual human being that will have the 5 minutes to read your message. Be very concise and direct with the message, Flight AA--- RDU-LHR on DD/MM/YY was canceled and I was given accommodation to HOTEL NAME, upon arrival at hotel no rooms where available and we had to make our own accommodations. I twitted to AA who mentioned that we should keep receipt for reimbursement. I feel that 15k miles does not cover our expenses. Coincidentally, did you ask for distressed rate at the hotel you booked, sometimes they tend to be a bit lower than rack rates.