FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:11 am
basti1989

Online available awards on AA are not bookable

Hi folks,
iI tried to book my first awards on ba.com for the upcoming year and encountered a problem with to book: KOA-PHX-MIA-LIM .
The ba.com online search shows me availabilities for all 3 segments, but I could only book KOA-PHX stand-alone and PHX-MIA-LIM separately. Both times 7 availae Y/C seats.
To get everything on 1 ticket (1h20 min in PHX is too hot for me) I called the BA hotline to get this booked.

In total I called 3 times now, every time they told me they can't book PHX-MIA as it's not availabe to them / already full.
On the other hand one hotline employee agreed that they are avaiable seats but the system wouldn't let them book.

Did you have something similar with BA / AA?. I asked them to escalate this to the oneworld desk, but they didn't do

As a work-around is it maybe possible to online reserve the awards online in 2 seperate bookings, because it seems like that online I could book it as above described.
WIth only a reserved booking the hotline could combine both in 1 ticket.

Do you have any other ideas to get this solved?

Flight should be:

Last edited by basti1989; Oct 22, 2018 at 6:16 am