FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWISS / Edelweiss New routes and changes
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:27 am
CDG1

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Nick Art

I have flown EDW quite a lot in the old days, the most recent long haul being ZRH-GIG and back.
I flew with some school friends for a two week trip Brazil and because my friends are mostly cheap and suck at finding good flights we flew Economy for the amazing price of 1700.- rt (ZRH-GIG IN J is often available for 1200-1500 rt, go figure). The flight was decent and actually quite nice. I personally just think that the service in EDW is just a tad more personal and therefore nicer. The seats are very similar to the ones you find on the Swiss A330/340, but much more up to date, big screen and usb charger included. I sat in the middle of the cabin and in the middle of the middle seats. (D) Don‘t take that seat, but take a window seat. The meal was decent. The toddler next to me, however, found much joy in throwing a spoon full of tomato sauce at me and ruining not one, but both my first and spare shirt.

This was the main reason why I baught an upgrade on the return for ~800 bucks to J. 200.- it would have been for E+.

One more comment: Edelweiss Economy is not an Economy minus, imo it is worthy of being just called Economy. I would even go as far as say it‘s superior the LH/LX Economy.
Thank you very much for your information.

Sounds rather nice.

I have United Gold status so I cannot pre-reserve a seat >> unless paid which I will not do.
Bought a non-upgradable fare. This will be a 4 days 3 nights trip.

I always try to get a window seat without a blocked view . The window is my PTV.

I doubt there will be tour groups on the flight.

Maybe I will be lucky.