FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bali {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:25 pm
Delectatio

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Was it just the price that convinced you to switch, or was there something else? What was the price differential between Conrad and Hilton?
We had a double booking at the Conrad and Hilton at first. Similarly priced but Hilton being slightly cheaper. About 1500 IDR ++ versus 1400 IDR ++

I was a bit irritated after Conrad Bali started to send me several 'promotional' emails to sell massages, diners etc. They also told me that Diamond guests are no longer allowed to use the Suites pool.
They even tried to call me several times (we were already in Bali and I wasn't in a hurry to pick up oversea calls that would cost me 4 EUR/minute) to 'verify my flight details'. Plain annoying.

At exactly that time I saw that several nights at the Hilton were priced at 880++ non refundable. As we were already in Bali, I canceled my refundable bookings at Conrad and Hilton and rebooked the Hilton non-refundable rates.
Hilton wasn't without its faults (they are still renovating) but we really enjoyed our stay and if we return to Bali we will most probable stay at the Hilton again...