FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:47 pm
jrc87

Originally Posted by Linc Cooper
Thanks! Following your tip, I do see transactions now but one simple shop trip on costco.com with $166 are showing as 4 charges like $166, $166, $32,$29 with the last two are two items in the same order. All of them has status approved, I guess I'm not able to tell until couple days later the pending charges are gone....also I called yesterday for one dispute, and rep said would wait for another department to call me for more documents, does anyone have good experience with their dispute process? I did couple times with chase, very straight and easy for me.
I did get charged twice recently for a restaurant visit (the day of + another mystery charge 1 week later for exactly the same amount). However it might be a coincidence you are experiencing issues as my merchant seemed to have had problems with their payment platform the day I went. I have used this card no less than 20 times in the past month and only had that one issue. This is the first time in my life I've had to call about a mystery charge in my account.

When the duplicate transaction posted, I called the bank and pointed at the 2 charges in my transaction history, gave an explanation this was a duplicate charge, etc. They said they were going to investigate and would contact me if they need further documentation. Few days later a credit popped up in my transaction history. I called the bank to confirm if the credit had been made from the merchant or by them (I had called the merchant asking about the duplicate charge). The representative told me the bank had charged back the money and that the investigation was still ongoing. They had added a courtesy credit to my account in the meantime, blah blah...