FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:00 am
xzh445

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by econ
Does re-qualification for Plat using SPG legacy rules in 2018 (i.e. 25 stays at SPG brands) include additional stay credits for multiple rooms booked?

Originally Posted by RogerD408
No, that has been taken off the table across all properties. Members only earn night/stay (stay for legacy SPG only) credit for one room (their room specifically) and points for up to three rooms. Some have reported issues with getting the additional room points, so if you can, ask the FDC to move the charges from the other rooms to your folio at or before you check out.
Are the STAYS pre-8/18? yes, those will absolutely count for STAY qualification
Post - 8/18? It is a bit murky, but I wouldn't count on it. Single toom STAYS count. Multi room ... I would not bank making the threshold based on them.

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Add me to the list of people who are super skeptical that Marriott is going to make ex-SPGers whole on that promise.

They made good on it for me (qualifying post 8/18 - manual request) but I went thru legacy SPG and not Marriott.
My recommendation is not to count on the "sweep". If you have crossed the 25 STAY threshold, you have qualified, and should be eligible for status bump for the remainder of this year..(same a crossing the threshold for nights).
I you have the documentation, send it in and request the status.
Its not that they are not going to honor the promise. Rather, the Technology platform may or may not recognize it in an automated manner. You can either request it manually now...or wait and see if the sweep works... and THEN request it manually, if it doesn't. But if you have met the threshold already....why wait? You can use the status immediately for any remaining stays this year.

Last edited by xzh445; Oct 21, 2018 at 7:20 pm