FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combine Accounts Update
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:06 am
Bravada04

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Are your accounts showing everything as expected? Are you trying to gain status under legacy rules? Will the combination yield you a higher status, either annual or LT?

Rushing to combine accounts when there are issues with one or the other will just complicate the fix. Keeping the accounts separate will make it easier to track legacy status since they are not broken out in the combined account. If you have upcoming stays where the higher status is desired, then combining now is wise.

I just bit the bullet (last week) and combined my accounts. Everything was looking good before I did it and it's looking good afterwards. The only caution is take screenshots before and after. I also found regardless which account I was logged into the system attempted to move my SPG numbers to my MR number. Since my MR number started with a zero I did not want to go that route so I used the link in the Wiki and that caused my SPG account to survive the combination and disabled my MR account. Still waiting for my LTPP status to be applied, but not expecting it before January.
I will need to combine accounts to get my 50 nights. In saying that I want to keep my SPG # - My understanding is that if you log in from your SPG account, that will be the primary account # then after merging. In reading a few things there are a couple of questions:

- Both of my accounts use the same email address. Will that pose any challenges? ...
- It was mentioned you used the link in the wiki - which link is that and why should that one be used rather than just logging in from the account you want to use.
- I continue to have reservations in both accounts and am scared to bite the bullet!
- Anything else I should be aware of or prepared for when I merge other than making sure I have snapshots of my account information from both programs.