FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA178 (Daylight JFK-LHR) CW Meal Service
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:46 am
Betteronacamel

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Well, although it has been a while, I used to love this flight especially if condemned to sitting in WTP. My previous employer insisted WTP only to the East Coast so I would take the extra night in the hotel and waste their day by taking the daytime flight home (no issues with onward connections). IMHO it isn't a good idea to sleep on this flight (another reason why WTP is OK on this flight) as you'll be wanting to get to bed when you get home more or less at your normal time, thereby negating jet-lag.

Anyway, back on track, for my money I would agree that the F/J catering should be a) light meal/continental breakfast after departure. Call it a 'Champagne Breakfast' if you like, and then b) a proper hot meal before arrival. If eating enough is an issue then get to the airport a bit earlier and eat something in the lounge. I know it's a short flight but I'd rather get home having eaten properly rather than trying to rustle up a meal whilst doing the unpacking etc.

Going back a long time, the day time services ex JFK where definitely a full blown lunch service.