FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA in the hotel elevator
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:05 pm
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Regarding #1 , I will give a shoulder slam to people blocking those who are trying to exit the elevator but refusing to move out of the way.
+1. Shoulder slamming works wonders.

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
but maybe after people find they're constantly getting bumped into because of their lack of situational awareness they'll open their eyes and move out of the way.
Works in China a lot cos the next time they see a Westerner they'll think "Whoa. They're all violent / aggressive people so I'd better get out of the way!" LOL.

Speaking of actual violence due to rude behaviour, my friend's son was here (in China) visiting his father a number of years ago and one day he was standing in line at a KFC. He was behind the person being served and that person took away their order and he prepared to move up to the counter to be served when someone pushed in front of him. A tap on the shoulder was all he could do as he didn't speak any Mandarin. The [person] in front of him turned around and looked at my friend's son and turned back to continue with his order. This time he put his hand on the [person]'s shoulder and turned the [person] halfway round. Again, the [person] ignored him and continued ordering. Even at this point the server at KFC didn't do anything (because it's commonplace to push in line (it's a little better now but not that much better)) so he got frustrated and the third time went like this; hand went on shoulder, pulled the [person] around, kneed him in the groin and then walked out. A couple of days later he returned to the UK as he couldn't stand any more of that kind of [stuff]. He was maybe 25 - 30 at the time and not a violent guy. No doubt the frustration reached breaking point and he let loose. Also no doubt that the [person] wouldn't dare to push in front of a foreigner ever again, LMAO. It's even more hilarious to note that the security guard just stood there and did nothing. That would've been such an awesome video for YouTube or the likes.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Oct 21, 2018 at 9:48 am Reason: This post needed some serious redaction