FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westjet launches YYC-CDG, YYC-DUB, upgauges YYC-LGW
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:18 am
YXUFlyboy

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by YYC009
We think alike. My thoughts exactly.

I am trying to figure out where the 3 B789's will go from YYC in the winter... can you imagine when there are 10 of them?

My guess is 5x weekly LGW, 2x weekly CDG, 1x weekly DUB, and then a whole bunch of YYC-Hawaii-YVR-Hawaii-YYC rotations. 'cause, yeah, where else do you fly 320-seater aircraft from YYC to in the winter?
They won't base all 10 from YYC. I imagine YYZ gets the next set, then YVR last. I think what happens to the Europe routes in winter depends a lot on how well they do in summer. Reality is though, it doesn't make sense to fly 789s to Hawaii. This is a leisure route that could easily be served ex-YYC using a 7M8 (it has the range and does it now) and YVR can be served and has for years with narrowbody 737NGs. Possible they could shift the 767s back for this from YYZ and shift the 789s to YYZ, but who knows? Depends on so many things including what the DL JV does and what that will sell.

I could see WS 1 remaining daily (LGW) though throughout winter. If they did run them to Hawaii though - sweet, sign me up.