FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - THAI: News
Thread: THAI: News
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:59 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pon18n
If you want details, here my best attempt at translating while trying to capture the tone. I'm a native speaker, so my Thai is more than fluent, but you can take this as you wish:

1020 crew and pilot arrives

1050 discovered that deadhead pilot got assign seat 16AB/16JK which is different from the manual provided to the PIC, so PIC called KK about passive seat assignments and requested to move to F. Because this flight operate on B and Y, so there should be F seats available as they are entitled to. KK responded that F is already full.

PIC was surprised because during briefing there were only 3 pax on B and 7 on F. He wasn't sure whether there were additional B pax that got F seats, or has pax been upgraded, or if there are any other reasons that KK failed to mentioned.

so PIC requested KK not to board pax yet and fix this problem first. If pax are already boarded then there will be seat reassignment later, which makes thing more complicated.

KK insisted on not doing seat reassignment, replying that "deadhead captains are only passive, pax are more important" and that "pax might file complaint"

There were no further communication from ground crew.

50 minutes later after the departure time was the first time KK came to cockpit saying "passengers are ready". PIC said "has the seats been taken care of?" KK replied "can't be done." No further explanations were given.

PIC said "Then we're not boarding"

KK said "Then we'll AOG the flight. Put all pax to hotels"

All the pilots were shocked and dumbfounded by the KK. We didn't understand what happened and why KK said so.

30 minutes later, KK came to cockpit and told PIC "call OS and Captain Nattachai" and walked away.

Captain and pilots in the cockpit tried to invite KK to talk, but KK denied and walk away.

30 minutes later, KK told PIC to "explain the reasons to pax at the gate yourself" and walked away.

10 minutes later, KK said "Only DK can tell me to move pax seats"

10 minutes later, a female ground staff came to notify that KK is talking to DK

15 minutes later, ground staff notified that everything is taken car of. Boarding began and completed in 20 minutes. Flight proceed

Flight landed BKK at 0006
Sounds like abysmally communication between the stations manager and captain.

Apparently the mismatch of seats was between row 16 and 24 on the upper deck. If the PIC felt that was reason to insist on moving pax around and ultimately delaying the flight he is being ridiculous IMHO.