FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GOLD member Accorhotels special rate -what happens if status expires?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:02 am
Squerez

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
GOLD member Accorhotels special rate -what happens if status expires?

Sorry if the question has been answered before but I didn't find it.
Recently I booked for travel reasons 2 hotels next year under the only available rate -at the moment- which is the special rate dedicated to Accorhotels members with Gold status. At least the rate is marketed like that!
My question is: in the sales conditions it states that rate is valid only if the status is valid (I guess when you are going into the hotel).
Now it seems I will not retain my status but I will be downgraded to Silver status. What do you expect will happen to my booking?

1) they will cancel it automaticaly
2) they will honour it but they will hit me with a full price when I go paying (and I want absolutely avoid such bad surprise)
3) they will contact me to propose an alternative solution
4) they will not notice that I'm not anymore Gold and will honour it without questioning

I remember in the past these kind of rates where sometimes higher than the normal rates and/or equally available to Silver members. In my case I know that there are fairs around and they could question or trying to sell rooms at higher price.
Any hint?