FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:41 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Ah ok. I got fed up with the Bluebird queue last time around and tried uber - turned out there were 4 Uber's in the whole of Jakarta! I'm in Singapore and Bali the same trip so i'll try it out.

Is it easy to pick up one from T3? How does Grab wirk with tolls and so on?

Feel free to PM a refferal code if it gets you a free ride or so!

Sorry, I'm still a T2 person I've departed T3 and transferred T3 to T2, and my only (pure) arrival into T3 I was being met.

But I can't believe there's much difference in the Grab system. At T2 you use the app to arrange a pick-up and then find Grab's kerb-side waiting area (with seats). There's an agent there who can help you if you're having problems.

I paid 139K + 16.5K tolls to (easily accessed) Kemayoran/Sunter in north Jakarta. Drivers usually pay the tolls with their cards - you pay them back if you are using cash, but if you have your credit card on the app the driver can put the toll charge through the final bill. And be careful, he will probably do that even if you give him cash for the tolls.

So there's no longer much of a $$ advantage in using Grab. The positives are not having to worry about cash (if you have your cc on the app), and having a good chance of getting an interesting driver. If things go wrong, i find the Grab team are responsive and will put things right pretty quickly.