FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Day in Santiago - hotel/neighborhood/sightseeing
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:38 pm
LD75

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Hills - it will be hot. The funicular up Cerro San Cristobal is nice, and better than climbing on a hot day. A very white stone virgin will greet you. A lot more humble than the Rio statue at the top of its famous hill.
Metro - easy. You'll need a card, as I think all paper ticket fares went away within the past year.
Taxis - more difficult without Spanish.
Uber - fine - but if you use to/from Airport, they aren't authorized to operate there so you may have bizarre pick up and/or drop off points - not recommended if you're not familiar with the airport (especially with major construction).
Spanish crash course - save your dough. My dear huevón, I just hope you don't have a screaming guagua on your flight, and that you enjoy your ave palta sandwich con un schop.
Good tips on the transport, esp. Had no idea on the Uber/airport issue. And thx for the laugh with the last bit!. Thank God for tapones para los oides y vino. I will wait on taking the Spanish until my next go round in South America.