FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex USA terms now penalize:abuse,misuse,gaming;1st yr downgrade/close;leaked offers.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:04 pm
maracle

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
I want to apply for an SPG Business AmEx, but I'm getting a message that I'm not eligible for the welcome offer. However by the terms I think I should be eligible. I got my Marriott Premier card 2/28/16. I upgraded to the Premier Plus 5/24/2018. I don't have a Chase Marriott Business card.

So shouldn't I be eligible? I got my Chase Marriott personal card welcome bonus more than 24 months ago. I got upgraded to the Premier Plus more than 90 days ago. I did get an upgrade bonus in the last 24 months, but this card doesn't say that an upgrade bonus disqualifies me. The AmEx SPG Luxury card specifically says that a "welcome or upgrade offer" would disqualify you, but this card only says a welcome offer.

My past history with AmEx consists of an SPG personal card, which I didn't think was considered the same as a business card, a Blue Cash, and I've had a few corporate AmExes. Of the two personal cards I've had, one was closed in 2009 and the other was older than that and doesn't appear on my credit report anymore.