FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:31 pm
TheDudeAbides

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Teckelspass
Can't speak for all, but for me personally, the price increase isn't that big of a deal (at least as of now, if you get it via the Citi Executive card, there is no price increase). For me the biggest deal is a requirement to have an AA or partner boarding pass, because it dilutes membership (able to access anytime) vs. mere access privileges if you fly OW. I think a lot of us have used AA clubs when forced to travel on different airlines for reasons beyond our control.
The lack of access when not flying AA or partners is a very big deal for me. Using the AC when flying UA, AS, DL, WN, etc is one of the main reasons I've kept my AC membership - I use it as my "general" domestic lounge. Most of my actual AA flying now is paid J international or SFO-JFK so I get AC access anyway. Admirals Club still works for AS, but if UA keeps their policy as-is (any same day BP), I think it might make sense to switch to United Club or better yet to get the Amex Platinum for PP and Centurion Lounges.