FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:17 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by LISAA
I find this the most infuriating part so far. I spent an hour with an agent on the platinum line today learning how to go in and select "change rates" and then update but this is under EACH hotel offered; and there are now a dozen hotels that populate my San Diego destination. I can no longer see at a glance the corporate rate, best rate, cash & Points rate or other specials option - until I drill down and massage the rates under EACH hotel.....RIDICULOUS oversight. I want my SPG back.
Did you see the part where Marriott implemented this IT system only 2 years ago? If they were looking to improve their IT, why didn't they have a look at the one Starwood was using after they just spent a gazillion dollars to buy them???

I made a list of what I thought were some of the shortcomings of the Marriott website which I posted a few weeks ago. Here it is:
  • Fax numbers instead of email addresses in spite of claiming to cater to the millennials.
  • No breakdown of points earning in the activity summary by using Extra as the catch all for anything that isn't Base points or Elite bonus.
  • No identification of which property has been booked in the activity summary when award reservations are made or cancelled.
  • No confirmation of the number of points withdrawn on the confirmation email for award reservation.
  • No breakdown of base price and taxes in confirmation email for revenue reservations.
  • No way to see multiple prices at the same time in a grid when booking revenue reservations.
  • No way to sort by price except by modifying the URL.
  • The default for the activity list is 5 items. Seriously?
  • Items are not always listed chronologically in the activity list.
  • LNF is calculated on each individual night instead of the average rate for a multi-night booking.
  • LNF team refuses to subtract the taxes on websites that quote tax included prices if the price breakdown isn't shown, yet this is something Marriott can't seem to do!
  • Points to miles transfers have gone from 2-10 days depending on the airline to 6-8 weeks! (My 5000 bonus miles got lost on the way to SQ on my last transfer.)
  • A mega bonus promo that seems designed to infuriate members rather than welcome them to the new merged program and soothe them after a total CF of a merge which isn't complete almost 2 months later. I don't think we've ever had a single promo that NO ONE is happy with.
  • A sweepstake with a countdown that completely missed its take off mark.
  • A system that assigns members new numbers that start with a 0 but then won't let them make reservations with that number for another 2 months.
  • The most confusing breakfast program that no one can understand, including the properties that are supposed to offer them (eg Courtyard that wants the $10 credit used before midnight of check-in day).
  • Vanishing points, reservations, stay/night credits and status levels. And of course, there are many people who are now holding higher status levels than they are entitled to.