FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Metropolitan, Paris, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:04 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by chimark
We had stayed at Le Dokhan's before this due to the Le Metropolitan being sold out on Bastille Day (we walked over and watched the fireworks from the street outside Le Metropolitan regardless). Since we were using Paris as a base for exploration, we brought a smaller bag and planned to leave our larger suitcase in Paris. I walked over to Le Metropolitan and confirmed they could store our luggage before our official stay (both hotels are tiny with limited storage space) and there was no problem. One of the same people was working the next morning when I came by with the luggage and he recognized me by name before I had even stayed in the hotel! I will say that the evening crew (or Sunday morning) is much more friendly than the day shift. I did get some attitude on a Tuesday morning attempting to re-store our luggage as we headed out again, even though I had cleared this already.
From what I can gather on TripAdvisor, the two hotels share ownership and managers.

What are the advantages or disadvantages of each? I'm looking at staying at one of the properties in December instead of my usual hotel, the Renaissance Republique. My only concern is the walking distance looks considerably further from Notre Dame, Hôtel de Ville and Saint-Germain.