FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:48 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ratypus
Thanks - but can you do that: check-in online and get a BP, then still cancel once through departures/transfers? I guess so if fully-flex...I just wasn't sure if it's still fully flex once you have actually checked in and got a BP (isn't that surely the point of check-in...to lock a flexible ticket into a specific flight?!)
When you arrive into GVA you remain airside, so you don't need another boarding pass to remain airside - it's a bit like AMS in that respect. If you want to remain airside in the non Schengen area you need to the do advertised U turn before passports, if you do so after Schengen then you have to remain in Schengen since Passports may well want to glance at your boarding pass. You probably won't get lounge access under any scenario since they tend to prevent lounge entry until approximately 2 hours before departure. The lounge is due to close for renovation in the near future, though I don't have the date.