FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dreamliner 787-8 / 788 Zodiac Business Seats & Reviews (master thd)
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:06 pm
AlwaysSunnyInORD

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dgilligan02
Going to be flying OFD-DFW during late Jan in biz class for first time; slated via 787-800. Reading through this thread seems the two main points of late are:
  1. The min-cabin aka row 5 and 6 of biz class are slated to go away during refit--therefore wisdom is in not being in those rows if you're risk averse to getting downgraded. That seems pretty cut and dried.
  2. There is the "seat instability due to partner movement" issue--noted on which seats are affected and which are not (there was a schematic somewhere). But did I read/hear that these sears were getting bracing or something like that? Wondering if this is still an issue or not.
Thanks all.
As an FYI, the mini cabin is rows 6 and 7. Rows 1-5 are in the larger business cabin.

I believe the seat movement is still an issue. I tend to sit in the unconnected seats in the mini cabin so I can’t say for sure. With that said, your flight isn’t that long so I wouldn’t worry much about the connected seats. It’s a bigger deal when trying to sleep.