FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New US route - confirmed as Charleston
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:31 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bananahead
Charlotte
I think it would be a bit strange if they reopened Charlotte just a few years after closing it and doubling AA's effort. It's an AA hub so I suspect AA is better placed to keep the route.

I agree with many of the other suggestions here. STL would have a very strong case I would think. Used to be a major airport at the time of TWA but is still an important metropolis with a lot of good local connections. CVG but personally, I would have thought CLE might have got more potential now that DL stopped flying TATL from there (though of course, conversely one could say that if it was not worth DL's while BA might struggle, but for DL, it's just too close to DTW, and conversely DL too strong in DTW so I'd be surprised if BA attacked them there). I do think PDX and SLC have potential though they also have competition. Dark horses: some pointless airport in an area already served like Hartford or something and lovely San Antonio.