FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:17 am
azmojo

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by x10Corey
Just an update on this, I foolishly called the rewards # to try and get this resolved. Spoke to a very rude supervisor who kept talking over me, she called the Cosmo and because the manager here told her they don't provide breakfast she said there is nothing else she could do for me. I finally got the supervisor to read the terms where it states breakfast is a welcome amenity choice, her response was that the Cosmopolitan is not listed anywhere as being included even though Autograph Collection is listed. I tried to use logic here, that unless excluded it would be assumed it is included otherwise they'd be listing thousands of hotels under each benefit to "include" them. Logic did not prevail and we spent 5 minutes arguing semantics before I requested an escalation.

After insisting she create a case and escalate it she put me on hold for 20 minutes (dead air), I thought I'd get "disconnected" but all of a sudden I had the manager at the Cosmopolitan. Apparently the Marriott manager didn't want to deal with me and transferred me to the Cosmo manager without even introducing, or telling me what she was doing. The Cosmo manager told me the lady was extremely rude and she had no idea why I got transferred to her. Cosmo manager was very nice and said she'd call the customer service and follow up for me because the Marriott manager was so rude to not only myself, but to her too.

This is my 3rd interaction with a supervisor since the merger and every time it has been a horrible experience, they need to do some serious retraining. So looks like no free breakfast benefit for me as I doubt I'll receive an update or get a resolution before my stay is over. I'll update when I hear back though. Total call time was 68 minutes. Now to enjoy my vacation.
I'll be staying there in 3 weeks as a Platinum Elite. I don't want to waste my vacation arguing with hotel staff, but what is the best way to escalate this? Does Marriott monitor any FT threads that we can engage for an official resolution?