FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG hotels lost my loyalty
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:37 pm
Spoodles

Thank you for that helpful response! I cancelled Award Wallet - didn't know there were so many security issues and I don't need more problems with points! I really need to get back to reading the blogs, etc. as I am obviously out of touch.

I do know other programs expire after one year and always keep up with that. We have been with Priority Club for so many years (the first loyalty program we joined I believe it was 20 years ago) and just assumed the no expiration was still in effect. I would have thought that because of their long standing advertised policy of no expiration they would still honor old accounts for a few years. I am sure there are several others out there who may not ever look at their accounts if they are not traveling and assume those points are still good. Heck - for several years we did not travel because of kid stuff but when we started again were happy to see and use points in our Priority Club account. Again, totally our fault for not paying attention but was hoping for some leeway.

I was also disappointed in their canned responses when making contact this time. They used to be so customer service oriented when calling and I just felt dismissed. I even purchased some of these points during a sale instead of earning them so you would think I would own them in that respect. Anyway, live and learn but OUCH.

Last edited by Spoodles; Oct 16, 2018 at 11:52 pm