FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:53 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Couple of data points worth noting

1. I've now stayed within the pasts couple of weeks at a Westin, a W, a Sheraton, and a Luxury Collection. None of them recognized that I was anything other than a Plat. There are suggestions from one or two in this thread that the hotel is receiving information on who is a PPE or a suggested order of upgrades. Perhaps ... but if so, there is nothing to show about it. I received a couple of upgrades but there were clearly being made on the spot by the FD based on what was available.

2. I needed to make a last minute reservation for tonight but the website was being squirrely. I called my ambassador and it seemed like the call went to a voicemail box that wasn't taking messages and zero wasn't recognized. I found an old number called it and got a person who apparently had all my info in front of her when she answered. While I was at the gate, she called the hotel to see why it wouldn't let me book, determined they were oversold, and called me back with another option. Excellent service!