FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United 2019 Domestic Network Changes -- 22 new routes, some reductions/deletions
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:28 pm
JimInOhio

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
Well, this explains why my EWR-HAM flight disappeared from my summer 2019 itinerary, and I was instructed to call United for a ticket re-issue.

My ticketed itinerary was ORD-EWR-HAM-FRA-PRG with R9 on EWR-HAM, I applied RPUs for me and Mrs. Transportprof.

So will United open up Polaris space on their metal via other routings? And if so, would FT sages counsel going ORD-FRA-PRG (the connecting leg is on LH in Y), or ORD-EWR-PRG on their new flight next summer? Right now we're waitlisted for an upgrade ORD-EWR, since there was no R open on that leg when I nabbed the EWR-HAM space.

I'd really like to try the "real" Polaris seat, and wonder whether it is more likely next summer on a 777 ex-ORD, or a 763 EWR-PRG?

I normally prefer transiting a major hub in Europe enroute to my final destination. The morning arrival isn't conducive to getting into a hotel, and I find it more enjoyable to take a relaxing shower in a Senator Lounge, or the SilverKris Lounge at LHR, then have a proper breakfast in the lounge, then take a short connecting flight to my actual destination and get right into my hotel room. That would suggest flying ORD-FRA-PRG.
If not in Y, I think it's best to lengthen the overnight flight and shorten the other segment(s). This way you can maximize the sleep opportunity in a true lie-flat bed. Therefore: ORD-FRA-PRG.