FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Random seat changes to UA itineraries after they are booked & purchased [ARCHIVE]
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:21 pm
kohswisscheese

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The history is available but it is not easily accessed
But more importantly, there is nothing going to happen even if the agent looked at the history. Agents are not going to start moving other passengers about to re-accommodate the situation. And some of the reasons for a shuffle an agent is not allowed to disclose -- FAM, medical accommodation, ...
So basically the request is a waste of time.
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Well, the gate agents went above and beyond and made things right for us. They were fantastic. They got us seated together and all’s well that ends well.

wineCountry - they actually did move people around for us and worked hard at finding the right balance. I was purely skeptical but these j were great.

yes, this was AC on the first leg.
Glad it worked out for you. Did you attempt AC online check-in? And if yes, do you recall not completing your first session- i.e. keyed in Last Name and PNR into online check-in but did not click through to check-in (maybe didn't have passport info on hand etc.)

I reported the issue in Nov 2017, interested to know if it's still an issue since I've a few ex-YVR trips coming up. Have been actively booking away from AC for first leg, but the SEA connection offers better upgrades.