FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG hotels lost my loyalty
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:59 pm
Spoodles

Bumping Old thread for lesson learned. So upset we let my spouse's 50,000 points expire. I had it in my head that for some reason IHG points never expire. Went to log in to his account for an upcoming trip and all points are gone. I called but they will not budge. I just can't believe I did this. I have an IHG credit card and over 100,000 points myself but totally forgot about this account. - we always use mine because of the status with the credit card. I rarely check the email of that account. I just opened an Award Wallet so hopefully this will never happen again but WOW! I was really surprised they would not even reinstate them for a fee.

Lesson learned but also I have been on the fence about IHG since they changed the category for the Anniversary Night so that maybe the end of the credit card and I will use my points up. I understand the rules but maybe not the timeline - there are years where it is not easy to travel because of circumstances. I think an 18 month or two year expiration would be more appropriate and also maybe send a card in the USPS such as American Airlines does. It would certainly create more good will than just "sorry". These points did not expire years ago... it has just been a little over 7 months.