FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is fair compensation for such seriously awful Sheraton experience?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:45 am
southbeachbum

Originally Posted by stephaniemei

I had a seriously terrible stay experience with one of the property under Sheraton group last week in asia.

After workout in gym room, I went inside the lady gym bathroom for shower, there is no one inside there that moment. I placed my clothes on the bench, and just placed my shoes on the corridor.
During showering, I heard someone get inside, then I step out the shower room after bath, when I going to take my towel next to my clothes, I notice that the bathroom front door is way open, and there is a male staff standing inside the bathroom!! While I am naked!!
I have told him to leave while I rush back to the shower room, but he was still staying there for fixing the equipment inside the bathroom.

I reported to the hotel immediately, the room manager had came to me for apologize, and promise will educate their staff for the normal standard like "send a female staff inside the lay bathroom first", "knocking and ask if any guests inside".....
Then after I finished the survey online for compliant this seriously issue , the GM email me to offer refund my entire stay (2 nights, around US$120/night) as compensation, and thats all...
I would like to ask what is the fair compensation for this horrible mistake made by their staff.
Well, when in a foreign country, their cultural norms stand. I have used a urinal in some Asian countries while a female attendant was cleaning the urinal next to me. Many countries are frankly less hung up than the U.S. on who cleans the restroom or provides service. If the employee had no legitimate reason for being there, it would be a different matter.