FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX to BKK (in coach): Which sub-$500 RT Chinese cheapie airline is best?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:32 am
glennaa11

Programs: most of them
I hated connecting in PEK. Even though I only did it a couple of times and from IAD it is one of the quickest ways to BKK I refuse to do it again. The transit security was completely nuts the last time I went through there. I had a decent amount of camera gear and electronics and was required to remove every lens and device from my bag and place them in a bin. It took a long time and was a total PITA. They tried to hurry me along but I was like, you are the ones requiring me to do this so it is going to take a while. I've never been through any other airport requiring that. Maybe that's standard in China, I don't know. When flying back to the US it was also a total mess. I had a boarding pass already but when I tried to board they required me to go back to the desk and get a BP issued there instead of using the one I had. And then they searched everyone's bags in the hallway on the way to the plane. I vowed then to avoid the airport and now I just go via NRT, ICN or HKG instead.